Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Good Morning Readers!

I woke up this morning not feeling very well.  I figured it was probably the withdrawal of sugar and caffeine still fighting me.  As I was doing my morning routine, I decided to weigh myself again and all of a sudden I felt much better.  Last night I was craving really bad foods and again I fought back those cravings and went with a simple salad with grilled shrimp.  I'm not much of a dressing person so I put a splash of olive oil on it.  I gave up red meats and pork entirely and slowly working on limiting myself on chicken.  I'm not becoming a vegan, I couldn't give up meat entirely plus I love seafood.  Some people don't count fish as a meat so that would be my category if there is a word for it?  The other night when I went to the diner, I had honey glazed salmon, it was amazing!  I personally like my own recipe of salmon but that came pretty close!

There are a lot different diet pills out there that I have tried before and honestly all they ever did was make me feel sick or bloated.  They may work for some people but honestly just watching what you eat and exercising is the right way to go.  I'm glad that I am choosing this path because I can say I did it all the right way.  Well the "right way" is subjective I know, so shall I say more along the lines of the healthy way?  I'm not an expert but back in 2013-2014 I lost 60lbs from simply not eating. Those that know me quite well know that I was going through something difficult and was extremely depressed.  That's how I cope with depression, I don't eat.  Problem is, when I got happy again I gained it all back and then some!  I know there are a lot of people who can relate, and then again there are others who do the opposite when they are depressed.  

I want to be happy in all aspects of my life.  Well who doesn't? I think I'll be even happier if I won the powerball! (wishful thinking). Anyway, today I plan to be out and about, run some errands and do some shopping. Basically keep moving! Yesterday I stayed in all day and enjoyed my first day off from work.  I know a lot of people like to use different apps to count their steps, I have done that before but if you aren't getting your heart rate up you really aren't doing much in my opinion.  I work 10 hours a day and work in a decent size building with long hallways.  I could easily make 10k steps a day just wandering around.  Unless you are constantly moving while doing these 10k steps, you really aren't going to see results. Especially if you are eating throughout the day.  But hey, if you think it's working for you then more power to you! Have a great day everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment